By Category :
With the advancement of large scale cloud computing platforms like OpenStack, the business of data storage has been forever changed. Often called “the serverization of storage”; the replacement of purpose-built/proprietary data silos with economical server hardware, has proven itself to be both more reliable and more resilient. Supermicro has embraced this change, offering the widest selection of server hardware in the industry.
Ready to Deploy Configurations
- 1. Role specific server models: base server configurations offer performance, capacity and density to fit popular storage applications. Components are easily customized to meet specific requirements.
- 2. Optimized network configuration: E rack level integration offers streamlined deployment of storage and infrastructure with consistency not attainable using improvised expansion methods
- 3. Storage/Media Ratios to fit user applications: deployment of SSD and rotating media allows the solution to meet demanding performance and density targets.
The Inktank Ceph Enterprise Difference.
Organizations prefer object-based storage when deploying large-scale storage systems because it stores data more efficiently. Object-based storage systems separate the object namespace from the underlying storage hardware—This simplifies data migration.
- Ceph Optimized Server Configurations
- Object and Block Level Storage with S3 and OpenStack Integration
- Hybrid Disk configurations deliver low-latency performance
- 10G Frontend Networking
- Bonded 10G Backend Networking (20Gb/s OSD-toOSD)
- Out-of-Band Server Management Software (OOB)
- Full Rack Integration with Onsite Service Available!
|Cluster Role||Monitor Node||OSD Node||OSD Node||OSD Node|
|Processors||Dual Intel E5-2630 V2 6-Core 2.6G 15M 7.2GT/s QPI||Single Intel E5-2630 V2 6-Core 2.6G 15M 7.2GT/s QPI||Dual Intel E5-2630 V2 6-Core 2.6G 15M 7.2GT/s QPI||Dual Intel E5-2670 V2 10- Core 2.5G 25M 8GT/s QPI|
|Memory||64GB per node||64GB per node||128GB per node||256GB per node|
|Networking||On-board Dual Port 10G (SFP+)||AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10G (SFP+)||2x AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10G (SFP+)||2x AOC-STGN-I2S Dual Port 10G (SFP+)|
|Drive Configuration||4x 300GB HDDs (SAS3)||2X 400GB SATA3 SSDs, 10x 4TB HDDs (SATA3)||6X 400GB SATA3 SSDs,
30x 4TB HDDs (SATA3)
|12X 400GB SATA3 SSD,
60x 4TB HDDs (SATA3)
|Form Factor||1U w/Redundant Hot-swap 700W Power Supplies||2U w/Redundant Hot-swap 920W Power Supplies||4U w/Redundant Hot-swap 1280W Power Supplies||4U w/Redundant Hot-swap 2000W Power Supplies|
|CEPH Turnkey Rack
|42U-320TB Integrated Ceph Rack. 3x Mon, 8x 2U OSD, Networking & PDU|
|SRS-42E136-CEPH-01||42U-1.08PB Integrated Ceph Rack, 3x Mon, 9x 4U OSD, Networking & PDU|
|SRS-42E172-CEPH-01||42U-2.16PB Integrated Ceph Rack, 3x Mon, 9x 4U OSD, Networking & PDU|
|3 Monitor Nodes
9 Storage Nodes
|Networ Switch||2x SSE-X3348SR
|10G For Client/Back End GbE For IPMI Network|
|Power Specification||1x SRK-00PD-02||30A 3PH PDU Dual AC Plug|