Supermicro hypervisor-convered storage server system optimized for vSphere infrastructure. VMWare Virtual San ( VSAN) ready nodes.
By Category :
Virtual SAN Ready Nodes
Hypervisor-converged Storage Systems Simplify Enterprise Scale-Out Deployment
- Single bundle for procurement - Supermicro VSAN Ready Node comes with the appropriate licenses for vSphere, Virtual SAN and Horizon View. Supermicro production and service works with customer to simplify the setup experience.
- Radically Simple Storage - VSAN integrates seamlessly with vSphere platform for storage tasks. Storage provisioning and management is a breeze. VSAN automatically rebuilds and rebalances storage to maintain Quality of Service from the storage resource.
- Lower TCO by up to 50% - VSAN allows you to granularly scale-out your storage environment to allow for growth while eliminating over provisioning.
- High Performance - VSAN has integrated server-side flash to provide read/write caching, providing lower latency and better throughput than external flash appliances and devices. As a result, VMs
and applications have the most optimized I/O data path to support your business demands.
- Fault Tolerance - VSAN uses distributed RAID and cache mirroring to ensure that data is never lost in case of disk, host or network failures. Combined with Supermicro's legendary quality and
reliability aids in enhancing system uptime and ensuring business continuity.
- Peace of Mind - Supermicro VSAN Ready Nodes are jointly recommended with VMware. Full system delivery ensures compatibility and maximized the success of implementation.
Virtual SAN - it simplifies and optimizes storage, just like vSphere does for compute.
- Lower OpEx : With streamlined provisioning and operational efficiency, Virtual SAN delivers a radically simple software-defined storage solution for your data center. Streamline storage operations by controlling and automating storage and compute resources from the same virtualized platform.
- Lower CapEx :Tackle acquisition costs head-on by leveraging standard x86 server hardware and components instead of special-purpose storage arrays.
- Grow-as-you-go scaling : Add either flash, disks or hosts to your Virtual SAN cluster to enable budget-friendly, elastic
scaling of storage resources for both performance and capacity.
All Flash Storage Large : SYS-2028U-VSNF11L | SYS-2028U-VSNF12L
All Flash Storage Medium : SYS-2028TP-VSNF11M | SYS-2028TP-VSNF12M
Hybrid Storage Large : SYS-2028U-VSN011L | SYS-2028U-VSN012L
Hybrid Storage Medium : SYS-2028TP-VSN011M | SYS-2028TP-VSN012M
Hyrbid Storage Small : SYS-1018R-VSAN001S
|Configurations||Hybrid Large||Hybrid Medium||Hybrid Small||All Flash Large||All Flash Large|
|VM Profile Specifications||up to 400 VM per 4-node cluster||up to 200 VM per 4-node cluster||up to 80 VM per 4-node cluster||up to 480 VM per 4-node cluster||Up to 200 Virtual Machines per 4-node cluster|
|Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 6GB Memory, 2x 60 GB Virtual Disk||Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 6GB Memory, 2x 60 GB Virtual Disk||Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 6GB Memory, 2x 60 GB Virtual Disk||Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 6GB Memory, 2x60GB Virtual Disk||Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 6GB Memory, 2x60GB Virtual Disk|
|Number of Nodes||1 (Dual Intel® E5-2600 v3 12-core processor with 384GB Memory)||4 (Dual Intel E5-2600 v3 12-core processor w/256GB memory)||1 (Single Intel E5-2600 v3 6-core processor w/64GB memory)||1 (Dual Intel® E5-2600 v3 12-core processor with 384GB memory)||4 (Dual Intel® E5-2600 v3 12-core processor with 256 GB memory)|
|Raw Capacity Per Node||14.4TB w/10000 RPM HDD's||6TB w/10000 RPM HDD's||5TB w/7200 RPM HDD's||12TB (all SSDs)||8TB (all SSDs)|
|Networking||VSN011L: 10GbE RJ45
VSN012L: 10GbE SFP+
|VSN011M: 10GbE RJ45
VSN012M: 10GbE SFP+
|VSN001S: 4X 1Gbs||VSNF11L: 10GbE RJ45
VSNF12L: 10GbE SFP+
|VSNF11L: 10GbE RJ45
VSNF12L: 10GbE SFP+
|Software||vSphere 6.0 Standard & Virtual SAN 6.0||vSphere 6.0 Standard & Virtual SAN 6.0||vSphere 6.0 Standard & Virtual SAN 6.0||vSphere 6.0 Standard & Virtual SAN 6.0||vSphere 6.0 Standard & Virtual SAN 6.0|
|Form Factor||2U w/Redundant Hot-swap Power Supply||2U w/Redundant Hot-swap Power Supply||1U w/Redundant Hot-swap Power Supply||2U w/Redundant Hot-swap Power Supply||2U w/Redundant Hot-swap Power Supply|