Huawei’s CH221 I/O Expansion Compute Node
Graphics processing for applications such as oil exploration, animation rendering, scientific computing, and seismic processing requires this high-performance node. It also provides superior scalability and an outstanding memory capacity.
It forms part of the CH100 and CH200 families of compute nodes, which are fully compatible with Huawei’s E9000 Blade Server.
Carrier-class design, manufacturing, and components ensure high quality.
Huawei server with Intel® Xeon® processor.
Intel, the Intel logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 and E5-2600 V2 series provide up to two 12-core, 2.7 GHz high-performance processors per node.
- 24 DDR4 DIMMs — at 1.5 times the usual height — apply mainstream granules and double memory capacity up to 1.5 TB, providing the highest cost-efficiency for large-memory applications.
- Reduces O&M costs with remote deployment and fault location technologies such as SOL, KVM over IP, virtual DVD-ROM drive, WebUI, and IPMI 2.0-compliance.
- Nodes include efficient, secure power consumption analysis and control capabilities, including power-off mode, and Intel® NM 2.0 compliance.
|Form Factor||Full-width 2-socket compute node|
|Number of Processors||
1 or 2
|Processor Models||Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 series|
|Number of DIMMs||24 DDR3 DIMMs, providing a maximum memory capacity of 1.5 TB|
|Number of Hard Disks||2 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs|
|RAID Support||RAID 0 and 1|
|PCIe Expansion||• 2 PCIe x 16 Mezz modules (Note: One module has been occupied)
• 2 standard PCIe x 16 full-height full-length cards
|Operating Systems Support||• Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
• Citrix XenServer
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 40°C|
|Dimensions||• Height: 60.46 mm (2.38 in.)
• Width: 423 mm (16.65 in.)
• Depth: 537.2 mm (21.15 in)